Darkphoenix

Darkphoenix

I am passionate about books and read pretty much all kinds of books, ranging from Comics to classics and a whole lot in between. I am also a compulsive reader. This Blog is about I feel about those books.

Clockwork Angel (Graphic Novel)
HyeKyung Baek, Cassandra Clare
All the Truth That's in Me
Julie Berry
Borrowed Ember (Fire Spirits, #3) - Samantha Young I am giving this book 3.5 stars.I finally finished reading Borrowed Ember and I am so glad it is over. This book was a mix of good and bad. It had me hooked in the beginning and then at the end. The middle was a whole different deal, it was so damn slow, I seriously thought about just dumping it. But I’m kinda glad I didn’t because of the last bit. While reading the whole Roe family bit, I got the feeling that the whole thing was very similar to the Guild and the Douglas family from her Shades of Blood series. I couldn’t help but think of that. Fallon and Tobe were also very similar.Now about the Ari and Jai thing, I am very happy she and Jai got together. I get it, they’re madly in love but I think it was over done here. Seriously, there were more serious things happening in the story arc than just their sexual frustration. But then the argument can be made that that is precisely why they were so hot and heavy. Blah! And what’s the deal with killing Sala and Fallon!!?? Fallon was a great character, she was fun and irreverent in a way Ari could never be and we only just met Sala (ok, so she was always around as Ms. Maggie but still!!) it sucked that not one but two great characters were axed!! Not cool!! I’m having a tough time letting go of that. But it was also nice to see a more openly emotional side of Red. Of all the Jinn Kings, he’s definitely the only one Ari can really count on. White remains an ASS! Asmodeus is developing really well. I think he’s not really as cold and indifferent as he pretends to be..Book 4 comes out in November and I can only hope that it better than this. I really like Samantha’s books and her writing so I am holding on to hope for the next one.