Darkphoenix

Darkphoenix

I am passionate about books and read pretty much all kinds of books, ranging from Comics to classics and a whole lot in between. I am also a compulsive reader. This Blog is about I feel about those books.

Clockwork Angel (Graphic Novel)
HyeKyung Baek, Cassandra Clare
All the Truth That's in Me
Julie Berry
Cursed - Jennifer L. Armentrout I finished Cursed sometime ago and it was an amazing book and an absolutely thrilling read. It was a typical Jennifer L. Armentrout book with great characters and a fast-paced narrative if a little predictable at times.The story picks up with seventeen-year-old Ember being brought back from the dead by her sister and she discovers that she can now kill anything living with just a touch of her fingers. Ember has to fend for herself and also look after Olivia, her five-year old sister since the accident that killed her, also claimed the life of her father and left their mother extremely depressed. Things seem to be going along fine till someone Ember know tries to touch her and dies. She and her family are then taken from their home by people who claim to know about the sisters’ gifts and that they could help Ember control hers. The main story obviously starts from there and, needless to say, it has you hooked. I could not stop reading and while there aren’t things that are blowing up every now and then, there’s enough going on to keep you engaged. I loved Ember as a character. She was strong and compassionate and she managed to keep her head above the waters despite the hard hand that had been dealt to her. Adam was nice too and Harden was great. But while he seemed to really care for her, there were times that were a little frustrating; he’d just shut her out, knowing that she had nobody else in that house that she trusted. His refusal to believe her was more than a little annoying. Also I just did not trust Mr. Cromwell. Yes, the people who live with him, all seem to think that the man is a saint, but I have a niggling feeling, that he’s not being completely honest. Also, I had a funny feeling about Mr. Theo pretty much from the beginning. He was being uncharacteristically nice to her and that stood out. He seemed too good to be true and when someone seems too good to be true they usually are. So I wasn’t very surprised when he turned out to be the evil psycho. But despite all of that, I thoroughly enjoyed Cursed and would definitely want to read the sequel, if it were it to be written.