Darkphoenix

Darkphoenix

I am passionate about books and read pretty much all kinds of books, ranging from Comics to classics and a whole lot in between. I am also a compulsive reader. This Blog is about I feel about those books.

Clockwork Angel (Graphic Novel)
HyeKyung Baek, Cassandra Clare
All the Truth That's in Me
Julie Berry
Touched - Corrine Jackson I really enjoyed this book which was surprising because i had hit a reader's block prior to it. I picked up 2 books before this and then promptly gave them up because they didn't grab my interest. Touched is not perfect but what i liked about it was that something kept happening to keep the narrative going, except that there is a slow patch in the middle but fortunately it doesn't last long. I also liked the fact that Ms. Jackson did not clutter the narrative with too many characters and plot lines. The only thing that i found a little hard to swallow was that everyone in the new college was so nice. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with nice people but people here were a bit TOO nice.. Apart from that it was a fun book and I am definitely looking forward to the sequel. It just sucks that I'll have to wait till December of 2013 to get my hands on it..