Darkphoenix

Darkphoenix

I am passionate about books and read pretty much all kinds of books, ranging from Comics to classics and a whole lot in between. I am also a compulsive reader. This Blog is about I feel about those books.

Clockwork Angel (Graphic Novel)
HyeKyung Baek, Cassandra Clare
All the Truth That's in Me
Julie Berry
Frigid - J. Lynn,  Jennifer L. Armentrout I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. It was one those books where the only thing happening was 2 people trying to get together. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it was all very... meh... Nothing swoon worthy.. Sure there was side plot but it seemed more like an after thought, like the author read the book and realized that there wasn't enough conflict in it and then decided to add some later.Plus, I'm not a big fan of the main characters either. Sydney was too naive, not very mature and her entire world seemed to revolve around Kyler.. Not sure how healthy that was. And Kyler was too much of a man whore. I mean, sure its easy to explain it away by saying that he was actually already in love with someone but only behaved this way so he could deal with the fact that he would never have her, but still... It also didn't help that he was always pushing guys away from Sydney or that he treated her like a 5 year old. There are references of this throughout the book. Ummm, that's not sweet, its condescending. Sydney took all of that and it did not make me like her any better.There was hardly any character growth and since this was stand-alone and pretty much the entire book was dedicated to their impending romance, there was never much scope for it to begin with. I don't like romance on fast-forward.. Just not my thing..