Darkphoenix

Darkphoenix

I am passionate about books and read pretty much all kinds of books, ranging from Comics to classics and a whole lot in between. I am also a compulsive reader. This Blog is about I feel about those books.

Clockwork Angel (Graphic Novel)
HyeKyung Baek, Cassandra Clare
All the Truth That's in Me
Julie Berry
Consume (The Clann, #3) - Melissa Darnell 2013!!!!??????! HOW WILL SURVIVE TILL THEN!!!!!!!!And I really really really hope it has a better cover!!!! PLEASE!!!!1 star. I found myself strangely underwhelmed by this book. It was the final book in The Clann Series and should have ended with a bang, instead, it kinda just sputtered at the end.The previous book ended with Savannah turning Tristan into a vampire to save his life. Consume starts with the two of them and Savannah's father staying in a remote cottage so Tristan can learn how to deal with the urge to drink human blood. After a few months and with an in-control Tristan, they head back to their town. But before they can get comfortable, all hell breaks lose, Tristan's mother dies and Mr. Williams (Dylan's father) becomes Clann leader who soon declares war on the vampires.There is so much that could've been done with this part of the story. Tristan, Savannah, her father and her mother along with Emily are on the run for most of this book and in itself wasn't a bad thing except NOTHING happened. For long stretches in Consume, there was absolutely no progress except silly and petty confrontations. It was hard to believe that the Clann and the Vampires were actually at war because there was nothing war-like happening. For most of their journey they remained unmolested. The only time they got into trouble when they had to go close to their hometown because they needed to restock their blood supply. Tristan and Savannah were also dull and boring. I can’t even be bothered to write more about them. Emily was annoying (there were times when I wanted to kill her) Savannah’s mother seemed like a silly woman who had a very thin grip on reality, Sav’s father was marginally better though not by much.Consume was a very sad end to a fairly decent series. Talk about a lame finale!